In this digital world, the demand for computer programming is growing more and more without any halt. Every product in this world is now making use of computers in different ways. The most awaited question currently is that, which programming languages to learn first and expand into to get a job in 2022?
2. Python - Python is indisputably the second most popular programming language. If you are going ahead to start your career in 2022, then python is such a language that every programmer should have the skill on. The top companies that hire for Python Developer jobs are - Tata Consultancy Services, Google, Accenture, Deloitte, Cognizant, Wipro, etc. As a fresher, you should learn python as it is a great starting point. Python is the favored language in the environment of Machine Learning, Deep Learning, AI, and data science. Python is used by plenty of startups as their primary backend stack. This enhances masses of opportunities for full-stack Python developers. If you ploy to get into the AI industry or in the field of data science then you should have to learn Python. This language is used for Back end development, Data Science, and App development. It is easy to learn and easy to use programming language. Youtube, Instagram, Google Search, iRobot machines, Pinterest, etc are all developed with Python.
3. Java - Java is the next leading programming language in the industry and it has continued to be the same for decades. It is highly in-demand. The top-graded companies are using Java such as Adobe, Flipkart, Amazon, Google, Netflix, Uber, etc. Java developers hold very high-paying jobs in the industry for their high demand. It is used to design customized applications that are fast and can serve a variety of purposes. It has the best collection of frameworks, thus many big companies prefer to use java. It is easy for the small development teams to collaborate. These days smartphones have android as their operating system and android development is unworkable without java. This language is used for E-commerce, finance, app development, games, desktop applications, etc. Thus Java is thriving in today's tech world. It is one of the most versatile programming languages. This can be used in all product-based companies. If you learn java as a beginner then you can easily move to any technology. It has many integrated development environments(IDE's) which facilitate programmers for software development. Some of the Java IDE's are such as Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, etc.
Want to know more about Java then Go Checkout :- Blog on Java
4. C/C++ - C/C++ now in this tech world is one of the most engrossing programming languages. It occupies a substantial portion of the world of programming. It is mostly used in operating systems, low-level systems, thus a keen understanding of C/C++ would help you to move on to other programming languages in the future. Top-notch companies like Microsoft, Adobe, Oracle, Google, Nasa, and Apple are looking for C/C++ developers. It has a good level of speed and a high level of functionality. C++ provides STL (Standard Template Library) which contains ready-to-use libraries for data structures, algorithms, and arithmetic operations. It has a stable nature. Because of these features, it is used in game development, computer graphics, etc. Here, programs are very efficient and easy to understand. If you are planning to get into a product-based company then you should undoubtedly learn this language as all product-based companies and service-based companies are using C++ to develop browsers and compilers.C++ offers well-paid job opportunities these days.
5. Golang - Golang, also known as Go, is a programming language that will be the future of server language. It was developed by Google. It has a similar syntax to the C language. Most of the companies are adopting this language for their development and production. Multithreading is supported excellently by Golang. It is a statically-typed language and this feature makes it more secure. Companies like Uber, Google, Twitch, Soundcloud are using Golang as it can complete complicated projects faster and efficiently. It has many tools for automatic code maintenance and the risk of bugs is reduced. So there is a huge scope for Go in the upcoming future. This is presently the most widely used programming language in Silicon Valley. Several major issues like slow compilation and execution and unavailability of the rich standard library are resolved by this language.
6. R Language - R is a language that is specifically designed and crafted for analytics and science. A great framework and built-in libraries are provided by R which helps to develop powerful machine learning algorithms and statistical models. Top companies like Facebook, Uber, Google, Firefox, Amazon, etc use the R language. It is open-source programming that is highly extensible, has strong graphical capabilities, etc. Many companies that are exploring data are looking for employees that can work as data analysts, data scientists, etc. It has a powerful package ecosystem and can run smoothly on different operating systems. From a career perspective, it is excellent to learn the R language. Those who are willing to choose a career in data and analytics then they should without any doubt learn R programming language for 2022.
7. SWIFT- We have discussed earlier JAVA and KOTLIN which focus on Android App Development. Now if you are looking for some programming languages which develop iOS applications, then Swift might be your best option. Lacking modern language features, Objective-C was replaced with Swift which was developed by Apple Inc. and the open-source community. It was first launched in 2014. Compared to other programming languages, fewer coding skills are required by Swift. Well-established companies and applications like Apple, Cognizant, Facebook, LinkedIn, Whatsapp, Uber, and much more work using Swift. If you pursue this language, you will probably be paid well compared to the other popular languages like Java, JS, C#, and R. Popular iOS apps like Mozilla Firefox, SoundCloud, WordPress was built using Swift. Due to its increasing popularity, iOS-based devices like Apple iPhone are giving Android tough competition. Hence, if you are planning to focus on iOS development, then learning Swift is surely worth the win.
8. MATLAB- MATLAB( Matrix Laboratory ) is a high-performance programming language developed by Cleve Moler, the dean of the faculty of computer science for New Mexico. It was designed specifically for engineers and scientists. This facilitates programmers to build machine and learning applications. Through MATLAB users can implement matrix manipulations, algorithms, functions and data plotting, and creation of user interfacing. It provides a vast library of a toolbox that spans from control systems, wireless communication, computational findings to robotics, deep learning in AI, and more. Now if we talk about the companies, it is found that more than 43000 companies in the United States and in the Computer Software industry use MATLAB. Many organizations like TCS, QA Limited, The American RedCross, HCL Technologies, etc utilize MATrix LABoratory. It is an easy to learn programming language. MATLAB-based programs enable users to analyze data, and work with signal processing, communications, image, and video processing and verify the research.
9. PHP- PHP initially stood for Personal Home Page, but it now stands for Hypertext Preprocessor. PHP is an open-source programming language created in 1990 that allows web developers to create dynamic content that interacts with databases. PHP runs efficiently on the server-side and is embedded in HTML. It is easy to use and code language which runs on diverse platforms like Windows, Mac OS X, Unix, and Linux. It is integrated with a range of databases including Sybase, Oracle, MySQL, Informix, and Microsoft SQL Server. More than 80% of websites on the internet (like Facebook & Yahoo) are built using PHP, thus web developers find it essential to learn this language. Huge corporate giants like Slack, Etsy, Lyft, Facebook, Trivago, Spotify, Wikipedia, Paytm use PHP in their end-to-end computing infrastructure. It wins over developers by saving your budget and time while still empowering teams with flexibility and scalability. PHP is here to stay with an ever-increasing demand amongst some of the largest tech leaders in the global economy.
So these were the Top 9 Programming languages that you should learn in 2022 to get a job.